Useful InformationA selection of advice and some helpful fact sheets for you and your pet
Bringing your pet in for surgery, blood tests, or ultrasound…
- Do not give food or fluids other than water after 8pm the previous night. A small quantity of water may be left down overnight.
- Please bring your pet to the surgery between 8.30am and 9.00am unless otherwise advised.
- Make sure we have a telephone number we are able to contact you on during the day.
- Please take dog leads or harnesses away with you.
- Please telephone the surgery after 3pm for information regarding your pet’s recovery.
When you collect your pet…
- Follow any specific instructions given by the veterinary surgeon or nurse.
- Keep your pet warm and quiet.
- Only offer a small light meal (chicken or white fish) if your pet is worrying for food.
- Stop your pet from licking or biting the wound.
- One or both forearms may be clipped to aid the intravenous injection of anaesthetic.
- If you have any worries do not hesitate to contact us for advice.